Room 16 has been working hard on their writing and last week worked with two
Year 5/6 students on producing fantastic poetry. Check out students writing below:
Ice-Cream
In anticipation I held the chocolate dipped cone in my shaking hand. I was choosing what flavour I was going to have, I went with vanilla and chocolate. The man scooped out the two flavours into the crunchy cone. I quickly scooped it out of his hands and eagerly scoffed it, but stopped right in my tracks when I tasted the oozing, creamy, chilly flavour of the ice cream in my now freezing cold mouth. It quickly ran up to my brain, then I felt the freezing cold sensation of the ice cream, as it slowly dissolved on my tongue. I felt the ice-cream trickling down my throat.
By Finn Howard
I asked the little boy who cannot see
I asked the little boy who cannot see,
And what is the colour you like?
Red rubies flicker in the light of the shimmering sun.
The sausages on the barbecue sizzle on the lawn.
Yellow is like the shimmering stars in the sky, on a late night.
Popcorn popping in the machine at the movies.
Green is the grass, swaying in the wavy wind.
The leaves on the trees fall down on the light green grass.
Purple is the sweet plums on the plum tree.
The purple flowers stretch and wave, as the wind blows down.
Pink is the colour of the big puffy balloons floating in the air.
The big fluffy candy floss clouds go around my head.
By Grace Opie
I asked the little boy who could not see
I asked the little boy who could not see,
He asked what the colours might be.
Red I said, hot like the burning sun.
It comes down with a shiny beam.
Let it warm your bones and heat your heart.
And black the dark and spooky colour.
It will blind you right to the core of your solid heart.
Blue is watery soft and creamy messy like the sea, it will cool you down and fill you
with joy.
And last of all grey.
Soft like the grey clouds that fall over the town.
The grey that fills your heart with all that may be.
By Bruno Clausen
I asked the little boy who could not see
I asked the little boy who could not see,
What's the colour blue?
Blue shiny see through sapphires, reflecting the sun light coming from the blue sky high in the air.
Blue squashy blueberries with delectable flavour.
Swimming in the blue clear salt ocean water, with a big wave heading towards me.
What's the colour red?
Steaming red hot lava bursting out of a volcano, make sure you don't touch it...ouch!!!
Red strawberry ice-cream.
What's the colour green?
Bright green grass growing and swaying side to side.
Green army jets bursting through the air.
By Jaden Farrow
No comments:
Post a Comment